In January 1896 a group of dissatisfied Lutherans finally made the decision to break away from St. Davids Lutheran Church and start their own congregation. That year they completed this structure and named it Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church.
The debate over whether the church should be progressive or conservative mostly likely caused the Fort Valley Lutherans to split.
For the next 80 years, the church would support services, Sunday Schools, community events, socials, and church synod meetings.
In 1965 the efforts of Pastor Lawrence Roller facilitated the merger of Mt. Zion and St. David’s. They created the new Faith Lutheran Congregation and built a new structure in 1974.Aftwards the Mt. Zion structure was sold and is today a private residence.