Christ Church UCC traces its history back to 1838 when it, acting under the German Reformed denomination, agreed to share a church building with St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church. This arrangement lasted until 1887 when Christ’s Congregation built a separate church building in Conicville. It was dedicated in May of that year.
Since 1892, this congregation has been a part of the Mill Creek Charge. As such it and St. John’s UCC church in Hamburg share a minister.
Like Conicville, the church has seen a declining membership as individuals leave the area. In 2008 the UCC yearbook indicated the church had lost 5% of its members and 36% of its budget. The church currently associates itself with the “Faithful and Welcoming” group of UCC churches that espouses conservative, evangelical theology.