In 1848 George Grandstaff built this mill to serve the needs of local farmers. It produced processed flour from the Valley's two major crops, wheat and corn.
During the Civil War the Mill was threatened by Union troops under General Phillip Sheridan who had been ordered to destroy the supplies of the Confederate Army. However the mill was spared because, according to local legend, the persuasive actions of two local women and a Federal bucket brigade.
In 1979 the Mill was listed on the National Register of Historic places and was one of only two mills in the county still in operation. That same year the Edinburg Mill restaurant opened inside and would remain in operation until 1998.
The mill was then abandoned and threatened with demolition until a massive fundraising campaign by the Edinburg Heritage Foundation saved the structure and facilitated the opening of the Edinburg Mill Museum in 2012.