St. John's Methodist Church
In 1916 the congregation of Edinburg’s Methodist Church demolished their church building and built a new structure. This building still stands at the corner of S. High and Piccadilly Streets in Edinburg.
The Methodist Church in Edinburg dates to 1856. That year the Reverend J. Eakin began holding services in the town’s Union Church. In 1869 the congregation was large enough that they were able to construct their own sanctuary. The ten individuals who signed their charter when that church was built were all women.
Today, the congregation of St. Johns Methodist Church is an active one worshipping in this church structure and a social wing added in 1960.