Built in 1836, the Central Hotel was designed to serve individuals travelling on the Valley Turnpike. Providing spirits would have been part of its mission from the beginning.
Who the early operators of the site were is unknown, but in the 1880s it was managed by Laonard Walters. On April 14, 1880, he was granted a license by Shenandoah County to keep an ordinary and retail liquor store at the site. In the 1885 Lake's Atlas he is listed as the owner of the hotel which was still providing spirits for travelers.
Today this building is an apartment complex.