Between 1860 and 1870, the owner of Lantz Mill, Jacob Lantz, built this house on his family’s farm. The original building was a two story, Greek-Revival style structure. The Lantz family continued to live in the house for many decades.
Jacob’s wife Elizabeth altered the building dramatically in the early 20th century. The construction project she launched added two towers, a new porch, and dormers to the house. This project changed the style of the house to reflect the tastes of that period and made it one of the most prominent structures in the community. Today it remains a private residence for local farmers.