Around 1900, this two story, frame house was constructed in Conicville Virginia. Attached to the house is a single story structure that once served as the Conicville store.
Oral history indicates the house may be one of the oldest in Conicville. It predates the store addition and in 1885 was owned by J. Ryman, a local businessman. He constructed the store addition in the early part of the 20th century. It also served as the community’s post office at various times.For decades it was one of the central commercial establishments in the community.
Sometime in the late 20th century the store closed. Today the house is a private residence and the store is abandoned.