This two story, wood frame structure is typical of many downtown buildings in the area. It was built around 1913 by the Evans family. Walter Evans operated a barbershop on the first floor along with his wife, Mae’s tea room. They lived on the second floor. Both businesses closed in the 1960s. Today the building is vacant.
Walter Evans became a local celebrity by being one of the last people to remember seeing William McKinley when he visited Mt. Jackson during his 1896 whistle-stop campaign. He died in 1984.