In 1955 Triplett and Vehrencamp closed their downtown store and reopened under the name Vehrencamp's on the north end of town. This new structure had been operating as the Rinker Brother's Filling Station but originally had been the Mt. Jackson Graded and High School.
The new business sold John Deere, and later Oliver Tractors, other farm supplies, hardware, and much more.
In 1965 Bill Vehrencamp, the business's owner died. His wife continued operations but ceased the sale of heavy machinery. They serve as the community’s central repair center and sell appliances, mowers, hardware, and farm supplies until the late 20th century.