First Baptist Church was founded in Mt. Jackson sometime between 1882 and 1930. Few records exist describing the church or its activities. The Scott family played a major role in the congregation and Preston Scott Sr., a prominent African American resident of Woodstock, was its last trustee.
We do know though that it closed sometime before 1954 when the neighboring Methodist Church was listed as the only "colored church" in Mt. Jackson. It would be sold in 1965 and still stands on what is now Orkney Drive.